The Republican National Committee (RNC) is desperately trying to raise much-needed money as it gears up the the 2022 midterm elections and the 2024 presidential race, but a bizarre letter sent out to prospective donors suggests that the GOP may be ready to dump Donald Trump and move on ASAP.
RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel signed the letter, which didn’t mention the former president once until he appeared alongside a laundry list of possible candidates who may seek the 2024 Republican nomination.
There was, however, this statement from McDaniel in the communique:
“I must emphasize the RNC is strictly neutral through the entire presidential primary process. But once the presidential primaries are complete in 2024, the RNC is the ONLY Party committed by federal law that can provide substantial direct financial support to our presidential nominee.”
Oh, there’s also the obligatory doom and gloom about how terrible things are going to be over the next four years with Joe Biden as president:
“President Biden and the Radical Democrats are feverishly working to reverse the gains our country made the last four years under Republican leadership in the White House and are determined to ram their Far Left agenda down the American people’s throats.”
Further down in the body of the letter is a list of 15 Republicans who may seek to be the next GOP nominee for the White House:
- Tom Cotton (Arkansas Senator)
- Chris Christie (Former New Jersey Governor)
- Ted Cruz (Texas Senator)
- Ron DeSantis (Florida Governor)
- Nikki Haley (Former South Carolina Governor)
- Josh Hawley (Missouri Senator)
- Larry Hogan (Maryland Governor)
- Rand Paul (Kentucky Senator)
- Mike Pence (Former Vice President)
- Mike Pompeo (Former Secretary of State)
- Marco Rubio (Florida Senator)
- Rick Scott (Florida Senator)
- Tim Scott (South Carolina Senator)
- Donald J. Trump (Former President)
- Donald Trump Jr. (Businessman)
Wow! It’s instructive to notice that all of the potential GOP candidates are roundly disliked by the American people, and none of them seems the least bit able to beat Biden. And having the two Trumps at the bottom of the list is also a slap in the face of the former president, who may well be in prison by the time the next election rolls around.
Apparently, the RNC did learn something from Donald Trump: How to grift.
Featured Image Via ABC News